Ask two people how long you should leave your battery on the charger, and you will get two different answers. Some argue that today’s technology stops charging devices once the battery is full. Others claim that you run the risk of overcharging and ruining your battery. Understanding the best way to treat your DeWalt batteries can save you time, energy, and money.
Here are the keys to preventing damage to your battery:
- Remove it from the charger once fully charged: Overcharging can cause damage and shorten its lifespan.
- When using your tool, avoid the following:
- Using all the power in the battery
- Letting the battery overheat
- Allowing the battery to get wet
- Keys to increase the lifespan of your battery include:
- Storing and charging them in a cool location, such as an air-conditioned shop
- Using a damp cloth instead of solvents to clean them
- Use and charge them regularly
- Store them properly
Remember that there is more to protecting your DeWalt battery than removing it from the charger. Like any tool, treat your devices and batteries right, and you can expect to enjoy uninterrupted progress on your projects, as well as, a long lifespan for your investment.
Choosing the best DeWalt cordless tool and battery pack doesn’t have to be a challenge. Talk to the experts at Ottawa Fastener Supply today at 613-828-5311 or contact us online with your questions.Tags: Leaving DeWalt battery in charger
Categorised in: Blog
This post was written by Pro Talk